What are probiotics and how do they increase our well-being?
A good probiotic contains bacteria which survive the stomach acid, as the microscopic rescue team cannot work in the stomach. In order to have a positive effect, they need to arrive in the intestine in sufficient quantities and multiply there. The right probiotics can restore an intestinal flora that has become imbalanced.
„ What is the difference between probiotics and prebiotics? ”
Prebiotics are, so to speak, the food of the good bacteria i.e. nutrients that serve as food for the probiotic microbes. These are substances that are indigestible to humans and therefore survive their passage through the stomach and small intestine to support the natural function of the large intestine. The great thing about prebiotics is that they only promote the desired bacteria but not the pathogens and unwanted bacteria. Probiotics, on the other hand, are primarily taken as food supplements and are available in the form of liquid cures or capsules. Since there are hundreds of different bacterial strains, there is almost an infinite number of possibilities for combining probiotics. One thing is paramount: the bacteria must arrive in the intestine alive.
- Stimulate the development of healthy bacteria
- Prevent the formation of harmful metabolic products
- Support the growth of microorganisms
- Promote the activity of microorganisms
- Ingredients of the foodstuffs inulin and oligofructose
- Occur naturally in bulbous plants, asparagus, rye, oats, bananas and garlic
- Lower the pH value in the intestine through the production of lactic acids
- Stimulate the immune system
- Strengthen the body's autologous intestinal flora
- Establish new, healthy cultures in the intestine
- Occur in fermented products e.g. natural yogurt, buttermilk and kefir
PROBIOTIC FOOD SUPPLEMENTS FROM BIOMES NEM
Our probiotic dietary supplements are particularly high quality and contain billions of natural, reproductive microbes and are carefully prepared and mixed by BIOMES scientists on the basis of the latest scientific findings. The high-quality bacterial cultures are produced under the highest quality conditions in Germany. They can be purchased under the brand BIOM.uniq and are recommended on the basis of the analysis of the intestinal flora with the INTEST.pro self-test. There are compositions for the most different needs – because each bacterial strain has its own effect in our intestinal flora. If pre- and probiotics are combined, we speak of synbiotics.